Our châteaux are a perfect starting point to visit Bordeaux and its vineyards. A wide range of excursions and activities are offered to you : first discover the main wine regions and their features, like for example the Medoc ou Saint-Emilion… then you can come back to visit a more specific region like Saint-Julien, Saint-Estèphe, which belong to the Medoc region. You will have lot of opportunities to visit famous properties and familial properties, to find out the wine that best suit your tastes. Feel free to contact us if you would like to get suggestions.
- 5 touristic wine routes available to you to discover the region :
- The "Route des Châteaux", the most popular wine route in Bordeaux, follow the secondary road « D2 » to go to discover the famous properties of the Medoc region, which includes most of the Grands Crus.
- The "Route des Coteaux", will offer to you a walk along the estuary of the Gironde exploring round and fruity wines.
- The "Route du Patrimoine" will allow you to stride along the properties offering internationally renowned wines, while discovering the small villages classified you meet along the way including the famous village of Saint Emilion
- The " Route Bastide " immerses you in the heart of the Entre -Deux-Mers for you to visit its fortified towns, churches , abbeys and castles course will offer young wines to enjoy with passion but in moderation.
- La "Route des Graves" at the South of Bordeaux, close to the forest of the Landes, will offer to you red wines, white wines and sweet wines.
Among the wide range of activities and excursions during your stay in Bordeaux, here are some suggestions of « must see » sites.
The « Port de la Lune » which belong to the UNESCO patrimony since 2007.
The city of Bordeaux changed a lot, developping its public area so that it is now very pleasant to walk around the city and in particular the quay. What’s more the numerous pedestrian street enable you to dicover the main curiosities and stroll along the Garonne by feet, for the rest you will take the new tramway and enjoy the panoramic view through the windows! Places to visit in the city center: Place des Quinconces Place de la Bourse with its “mirroir d’eau” (water mirror) The Sainte-Catherine Street : the largest shopping street in Europe The Grand Theater Place Pey Berland and its cathedral The Rohan Palace (city hall) The ruin of the Palace Gallien (Gallo-roman patrimony)
Plan your stay with Burdigala Voyages, our Wine tour Travel Agency
The best visits/tasting, enological workshops, winemaker workshop, river cruises, helicopter flight.. See our programs on www.burdigalavoyages.com